NEW NOV/DEC 2017 ISSUE
There’s nothing like seeing that first house decorated for the holidays. It’s as if someone has given the green light for the festivities to begin. Inevitably, that house creates a domino effect, and before long, the entire neighborhood is dressed for the season. The best part is that no two houses have the exact same seasonal décor. In the November/December issue of Southern Home, you’ll discover a variety of holiday styles ranging from traditional and timeless to whimsical and unique.
- In a North Carolina home, designer Leigh Jones balances the interior’s bold hues with the simplicity of holiday greenery.
- In Texas, the lofty rooms of a Mediterranean-style home offer a blank slate for floral designer Johnathan Andrew Sage to create a platinum-and-gold holiday scheme.
- To emphasize the refined elegance of a 1920’s home, Birmingham floral designer Sybil Sylvester combines an abundance of greenery with arrangements from unusual plant materials.
- And in Dallas, a French-inspired home offers a mix of sophisticated and festive décor.
- You’ll also find tips on getting your home ready for holiday guests as designer Bunny Williams shares secrets to creating beautiful, timeless rooms that are also functional for today’s lifestyles.
- So what are you waiting for? Bring down those boxes of ornaments from the attic and let the season begin.