A Professional’s Perspective: 5 Things You Need to Know Before Painting Your Home

Image from Jason Bertoniere, Inc.

2. The success is in the prep work

“Oddly enough, painters spend only 20% of the time actually painting. The other 80% is spent preparing the surfaces to be painted. And what constitutes a great paint job has everything to do with the prep work. If you have great, detailed prep work, you will have a great paint job.

Preparing wood and walls for paint is a step-by-step process and is the secret ingredient to a great paint job. Two elements must be considered when preparing surfaces for paint: adhesion and appearance. To ensure paint adhesion, the surfaces must be clean, dull, and dry. For appearance purposes you must fill any damaged or dented areas. This process might have to be repeated several times before applying the finish paint.”

Previous articleBefore + After: A Serene Charlotte Renovation
Next articlePeek Inside: Our First 2019 Issue is All About Before + Afters


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.